Bitter Gourd Mango Salad
A tropical and refreshing summer salad for the wild at heart.
Recipe modified by I-Han Du
1 cup grated bitter gourd (dark green and white bitter gourd varieties could be used together or separately)
1-2 bell peppers slices (red, green, or yellow)
1 cup sliced or cubed mango
1 cup onions fine chopped
1. Cut the bitter gourd open lengthwise and remove the seeds and pulp with a spoon. Make sure to get all the seeds out. Grate or slice 1 cup of bitter gourd into thin slices.
2. Soak the bitter gourd in ice cold water for 1/2 to 1 hour. Drain and discard the soaking water.
3. Thinly slice 1 cup of onion. Soak the onion slices in water for 1/2 to 1 hour. Drain and discard the soaking water.
4. Peel the mango skin and slice or cube 1 cup of mango and place in the fridge to be served cold later.
5. Thinly slice 1-2 bell peppers.
6. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, toss the salad and mix the ingredients thoroughly. The salad is now ready to serve!
Leave a Reply